[support] How to insert links to other pages on the same site?

eric Farris eafarris at gmail.com
Sun Jan 28 22:24:04 UTC 2007

On 1/28/07, cl at isbd.net <cl at isbd.net> wrote:
> OK, I can understand that but it isn't what a lot of CMS systems seem
> to be trying to sell me.  *Lots* of them are saying that once you have
> set up your structure the 'designers' can relax and the non-techie
> members of staff can do all the data entry.  What you're saying above
> is that the data entry is still really HTML and the non-techie users
> are going to have as much trouble as always (well, nearly, you have
> taken away the problems of creating a nice menu structure and a
> consistent look).

How much "trouble" your "non-techie" users depends on many variables.
In your case, it certainly seems that if:

is beyond your users (or their ability to be trained) does mean that
you're going to have to venture outside of Drupal Core. This should be
expected; no one that runs a Drupal site uses Core and only Core, I
daresay.

Many have given fine suggestions, including one that I wrote
(freelinking), which attempt to make it easier to link to other nodes.
In the case of freelinking, the other nodes don't even have to exist
at the time they're linked to.

You should also *play with the system*. I've got lots of users that
are definitely non-techie, and for the most part simple text is fine
with them, once I've show them the <a> tag. For those that need more
markup, and I don't want to teach them HTML, I find that Markdown
works incredibly well.

www.eafarris.com