[support] taxonomy categories: adding keyword messes up url?

Greg Knaddison - GVS Greg at GrowingVentureSolutions.com
Mon Jan 29 04:34:30 UTC 2007

On 1/27/07, will hall <will at theicarusproject.net> wrote:
> i am not sure i understand exactly what you are saying here,
>
>   but that can cause problems on the other side
>  > (e.g. why does the URL contain a term that is not selected for the
>  > node?).
>  >

> and wonder if i have compounded the problem with this fix?

Will - glad it's solved.  Let me explain that point a little more.

Your original problem was that the paths change and now you have fixed
that because the path stays the same after editing it, right?

Consider this scenario:

I have a node and add one tag: fun.  The tile is "Hacking on Drupal
modules" so that my url is fun/hacking-on-drupal-modules

Later, I get frustrated so I edit the node and change the tag from fun
to challenging and I edit the body of the node to reflect this new
mood.  With the settings to leave the path alone you will still have
the same URL even though "fun" is no longer selected on the node.
Someone looking at the node and seeing that I changed the category and
the body may be surprised to see that the URL still begins with "fun".

If that example doesn't apply to you then don't worry about it ;)

Regards,
Greg