[support] How to insert links to other pages on the same site?

cl at isbd.net cl at isbd.net
Mon Jan 29 08:46:31 UTC 2007

On Sun, Jan 28, 2007 at 11:12:37PM +0100, Gerhard Killesreiter wrote:
> cl at isbd.net wrote:
> >> This is of course great for people who want TinyMCE out of the box. WHich is a
> >> lot of people. Unfortunately, there are a lot of people who don't. Personally I
> >> can't stand TinyMCE. It gets in the way too much.

> >> Certainly. There will likely be a Wordpress-alike Drupal profile at some point,
> >> now that install profiles are doable. But they're still too new to be very
> >> effective. They'll get there as more people create profiles and work out the
> >> kinks in getting them available.
> >>
> > I'm in a sort of 'in between' place.  As regards data entry I'd be
> > happiest using vi (or a clone), it's what I use all day and every day
> > at work.
>
> Why didn't you say so? :p
>
> Use the mozex extension with Firefox. Then you can edit textfields in vi.

That's exactly what I do!  :-)

It still doesn't really address my issues with Drupal (and other
browser based CMS systems).

I'm beginning to realise that Drupal and others are providing
something I don't want or need and that gets in the way of providing
what I do need.

I *don't* need:-
    Site management via browser/web.
    Dynamic HTML.

I would like:-
    A 'visual' approach to editing everything together.

--
Chris Green (chris at halon.org.uk)