[support] Movable Type to Drupal

Jody Cleveland Cleveland at winnefox.org
Mon Jan 29 19:14:59 UTC 2007

> One of my client would be interested in migrating his blog
> from Movable Type 2.65 to Drupal 5.
>
> I have seen a bunch of recipes and scenarios mixing different
> versions of the 2 CMS.
>
> I do not know MT at all. Has anybody done this before? Any
> hints, clues or tips? Perhaps URLs I missed?

I've been working on a site as well that has 4 MT blogs. I searched
everywhere for a solution, and this is what I came up with:

Create a custom content type using cck. Call it the name of the blog.
Create a taxonomy term for that 'blog'. Then, with every bit of content
created, assign it that category. That way, when you go to the url for
the term, you'll see all entries appear like a blog. Here's an example
of what I've done:

http://beta.menashalibrary.org/taxonomy/term/9

I also use the module taxonomy_default:
http://drupal.org/project/taxonomy_defaults

That eliminates the step of having to select the category. Also, with
5.0, I created a blog api for each blog. That way, the author of the
blog can continue to use Performancing to create entries. So far, it
works great.

Hope that helps.

- jody