[support] Common Configurations of Multiple Sites

Metzler, David metzlerd at evergreen.edu
Mon Jan 29 21:31:21 UTC 2007

This doesn't exactly get at what you're talking about, but I developed
site cloning scripts rather than the running install.php methodology.
I've made the scripts available on a web site:
http://www2.evergreen.edu/dave, but they're customized to my
environment.

What we do is,

Create a sample site in its own database.
Upon creating new sites, we use the copysite scripts to create a new
site from the "skeleton" or "Sample" site.  This way all the access
control as well as default configurations come form the sample site.

A similar approach might work.