[support] Complex CCK data type - multiple fields

Jean Gazis jgazis at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 20:40:50 UTC 2007

I have another CCK question: how do I make fields show line breaks (hard
returns)? I am geting everythign running on one line and I don't see
anywhere to set the input format. Also I don't want the end users to have to
put in html themselves.

Jean Gazis

On 7/5/07, Eric Mckenna <eric.mckenna at gmail.com> wrote:

> Can you explain a little more.  I'm having trouble making out what you
> are trying to do.
> Why does adding these fields to your "book" node not work?
> And what do you mean by a "complex CCK data type"?
>
> J-P Stacey wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > How would I go about building a complex CCK data type? The one I have in
> > mind might be e.g. the different formats available for a "book" node:
> >
> >       Format          Width   Height  Depth   Weight
> >       ----------------------------------------------
> >       Hardback        15cm    24cm    2cm     14oz
> >       Trade pback     14cm    22cm    1.5cm   10oz
> >       Paperback       10cm    15cm    1cm     6oz
> >
> > Should I store each row as a flattened text field with delimiters e.g
> > "Hardback&15&24&2&14", and let hook_widget() unflatten it prior to
> > editing? Or can CCK store complex data types unflattened?
> >
> > Given the form chunk to edit each row would be five input fields, can
> > hook_widget() cope with making this whole block "multiple" easily
> enough?
> > Would it need to be defined in form API as a multiple'd fieldset?
> >
> > Cheers,
> > J-P

Jean Gazis
www.jeangazis.com
www.boxofrain.us

"Believe those who are seeking the truth; doubt those who find it." - André
Gide