[support] Block layouts in a specific module.

James McLean james.mclean at gmail.com
Mon Jul 16 06:26:56 UTC 2007

Hi All,

I'm working with a custom module that needs to be able to change the
order of the blocks located on the screen, but only when the module is
displayed. In the rest of the system the blocks would go back to their
admin-defined layout.

IE, when you go to http://drupal/mymodule the blocks will be displayed
in a certain order (of which each user will have their own layout). I
have built a system that will allow each user to store their own
layout in the database - I just need to know how to override the
methods for laying out the blocks in each region (weights, actual
region to display in, etc)

I had a suggestion to look at the 'component' module - I've downloaded
and installed it, but I cant see how that would let me do what I need.

If anyone can offer any suggestions as to how this might be achieved
that would be great.

Cheers,

James