[support] multiple users with same email address

Kitt Hodsden kitt-drupal at hodsden.org
Mon Jul 16 22:01:38 UTC 2007

Alternately, Google supports a +word format to email addresses, and fowards.  So...

1. Create a gmail.com address (let's say ynga at gmail.com for your-new-gmail-address)

2. Set up a forward on this new gmail address such that all email goes to your
existing test email account.

3. Use ynga+user1 at gmail.com for user 1, ynga+user2 at gmail.com for user 2,
ynga+user3 at gmail.com for user 3.  All of these emails will go to ynga at gmail.com,
as gmail will filter the +extra from the address.

Since the forward was set up (in step 2) to go to your single (non-gmail)
account, you'll receive all the emails, without using multiple addresses.

Bonus: you'll get automatic spam filtering, too.

Kitt.