[support] Profiles difference between Private and Hidden

Web Weaver webweaver64 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 19:10:49 UTC 2007

Could someone explain the difference between Private and Hidden in setting
up a profile field. The only difference I can find is that to access
something hidden you need to click on the edit tab.

There are two different control access levels by role that you allow someone
to view/or edit someones profile: *access user profiles* and *administer
users*. The 1st doesn't show what is Private & the 2nd grants access to them
both. I can't figure out why you need both Private & Hidden when the access
level to see the information is the same.

Thanks for any help in understanding this.
Shari