[support] CCK/nodereference/Views - Block of referenced nodes?

Garrett Coakley garrett at polytechnic.co.uk
Mon Mar 26 19:08:41 UTC 2007

On 26 Mar 2007, at 19:10, Larry Garfield wrote:

> I think I misunderstood your original data model, though.  Does a
> node have a reference to "this is a related article of X" or a
> multi-value nodereference field for "the following are related
> articles of this node"?  I was talking about the former, but now
> that I think about it you may have been talking about the latter.
> Can you clarify?

It's the latter, so authors can add related articles already in the
system to the piece they're currently editing.

If it helps clarify, this is the content_* table that show the
articles related to article nid 72:

mysql> select * from content_field_related_articles where nid = 72
order by delta;
+-----+-------+-----+----------------------------+
| vid | delta | nid | field_related_articles_nid |
+-----+-------+-----+----------------------------+
|  72 |     0 |  72 |                         28 |
|  72 |     1 |  72 |                         67 |
|  72 |     2 |  72 |                         69 |
|  72 |     3 |  72 |                         44 |
|  72 |     4 |  72 |                         43 |
|  72 |     5 |  72 |                         26 |

G.

   Blog: http://polytechnic.co.uk
Photos: http://flickr.com/photos/garrettc
  Music: http://last.fm/user/garrettc1