[support] url alias not working?

Earnie Boyd earnie at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Mar 30 11:49:48 UTC 2007

Quoting will hall <will at theicarusproject.net>:

> hi, thanks for the replies.
>
> the categories module is generating a vocabulary titled 'section'
>
> so /section/radio lists all the nodes tagged with that taxonomy term.
>
> however /section just returns the header and footer, no blocks, and the
> number '2'
>
> this is very strange bc /section/radio or /section/blog return those
> taxonomy item tagged nodes no problem. but when i put the url alias in
> for /radio to return /section/radio, it doesn't work.
>
> this is important bc we switched to drupal recently and there are a lot
> of links out there to /radio
>
> thanks for help

You need to use relative URI for the URL Alias module data.

The ``Existing system path'' data should be something like ``node/1''
with out the quotes of course and the ``alternate path'' data should be
something like ``first_article''.

Also, you can't alias the alias because the alias isn't an ``Existing
system path''.

HTH,
Earnie -- http://for-my-kids.com