[support] url alias not working?

Metzler, David metzlerd at evergreen.edu
Fri Mar 30 15:23:54 UTC 2007

Here's what I think is going on.

1.  You have the path_auto module enabled which is  automatically
generating aliases for your taxonomy terms.
2.  Your Page Not found message is messed up.  I think that all these
"2" pages are a misrendering of your page not found page.   You might
check override settings for that in admin/settings.
3.  Because pathauto is enabled, and generating url aliases (paths) for
your terms, you're trying to alias an alias which doesn't work.

Does that seem like it might be correct?

Here's some tests to perform.  Navigate the the Administer Urls admin
page and look through the list of urls.  You should be able to find one
for sections/radio that translates to something along the lines of
taxonomy/term/3 (or whatever the term id of the "radio" term turns out
to be.

Find that system path and make an additional alias that aliases radio to
the taxonomy/term/3 style path.

All should be well, except now you need to try and figure out why your
page not found message is messed up.....

Happy hunting,

Dave