[support] Multisite setup for a subdomain

Albert Cuesta acuesta at gmail.com
Wed May 2 09:53:42 UTC 2007

Hi

I have a working Drupal 4.7 site at www.mydomain.com (no, I can't
move to 5.x yet) and now I want to add a second site at
subdomain.mydomain.com. I have set up the required directories as
follows:

public_html/
public_html/default (settings.php for the the main site)
public_html/sites
public_html/sites/subdomain.mydomain.com (settings.php for the new site)
public_html/sites/subdomain.mydomain.com/files
public_html/sites/subdomain.mydomain.com/modules
public_html/sites/subdomain.mydomain.com/themes

As I'm using cPanel, I have followed the instructions at http://
drupal.org/node/125539#comment-208916, so the symbolic link for is
created and seems to be pointing to the root.

However, when I point my browser to subdomain.mydomain.com for
installing, I only get a 500 Internal Server Error.

Can somebody tell me what am I doing wrong?

Thank you in advance