[support] single login for drupal + phpbb forums?

will hall will at theicarusproject.net
Wed May 2 10:02:53 UTC 2007

hi all, we have a thriving forum on phbb with lots of bells and whistles
that our members love.

we also are running a drupal site.

the problem is of course that there are two logins and two
usernames/passwords. this confuses a lot of people.

we would like to have a single login. our options seem to be ditch the
phpbb and port the forums to drupal. our hesitation is that the drupal
forums, without major and expensive development, will not look or feel
or have the features our members love, and even with major and expensive
development still might not look or feel right or do what we need them
to do.

the other option is some kind of joint login authentication system,
shared user database or something...

does anyone have any idea how to implement such a thing?

thanks!

-- will hall
theicarusproject.net