[support] Do URL aliases have to be lower case?

Franz Iberl f.iberl at amazonas-box.de
Sat May 5 11:45:08 UTC 2007

Jon Morgan schrieb:
> Hi everyone,
>
> Do Drupal URL aliases have to be lower case?
> example:
>
> node/32 => Repository/YOUTroubleShooting
>
> doesn't seem to work, but:
>
> node/32 => repository/youtroubleshooting
>
> workes. I'm using 4.7 with clean urls.
> Thanks for any help...
>
> -jon

UNIX-(Server)-Filesystems are case-sensitive, i.e. all of the path after the first '/' has to keep the case (Windows e.g. is not, hence some confusion I guess). Sometimes 'cheap' software does not care about it (e.g. is converting all to lower case) and fails.

I am using all cases on two Drupal sites and no problem with URL aliases - as long as you *keep the case*.

Servus
  Franz

--
http://amazonas.the-dot.de