[support] creating menus with "system" destination URLs

Neil: esl-lounge.com neil at esl-lounge.com
Sat May 5 23:56:18 UTC 2007

I have a new theme and am now trying to create the menus. I have run into a lot of trouble with destination URLs such as

user/me ( I am using me module)
profile/me
user/1

These are either not being put in or are put in but without the possibility of adding sub-menus to them. Has anyone else struggled with this issue? I just created a menu item going to user/1 and it showed up in FF but not in IE.

I realised it was because, only for admins, I still have the "Navigation" menu showing up and it has the "locked" item MyAccount. In FF, this disappeared when the new menu item going to user/1 was created, whereas in IE, it stayed in the Navigation menu and didn't show in the new menu. My head's about to explode. :-(