[support] What the *&^% is NABBLE.COM?

Laura Scott laura at pingv.com
Thu May 10 13:48:16 UTC 2007

On May 10, 2007, at 7:43 AM, Bill Moran wrote:

> <blogdiva at culturekitchen.com>:
>
>> And why are the Drupal Mailing lists on it?
>
> Nabble is a list/forum aggregator.  I assume that Drupal is on it
> because
> the drupal mailing lists are public, and there's nothing to stop
> them from
> including it (much the same way that Google archives all public web
> pages).
>
> It's also possible that someone in the Drupal community knows
> someone at
> Nabble, or even works for Nabble.
>
> Is there a problem?

In general, I have a problem with "aggregators" that rewrite the URLs
to their own domain. A true aggregator is going to point to the
original source of the content, imho. To me, this strikes me as a
scraper site used to steal content from other sites and claim it as
their own. Maybe I'm wrong, but such practices have become big business.

Laura (who apparently has a Nabble "profile": http://www.nabble.com/
user/UserProfile.jtp?user=253790)