[support] Possible to set default input format based on role?

Jody Cleveland cleveland at winnefox.org
Thu May 10 19:24:11 UTC 2007

Hello,

On 5/10/07 1:38 PM, "Mike Bishop" <mbishop at adamsonadvertising.com> wrote:

> You can limit the html that they can input for instance turn off the p tag
> or the strong tag. I am not sure about the actual field though. You could
> always strip the tags on the display if the node author is anonymous. That
> way even if they did find a way to get around and post html it wouldn't
> render.

But, doesn't that get set across the board? I mean, if I go into input
formats and set the default as filtered html. Then, go into full html and
say that's ok for my content editors group. Which is fine, but then each
time an author goes in to create or edit a page, they have to change the
input format. Ideally, it'd be nice if there was a way to say - filtered
html is the default. BUT, if you log in, you then get full HTML.

Or, am I misunderstanding and there is all ready a way to do this?

- jody