[support] How to disable a wrong block when the site doesn't work

Stefan Borchert stefan at borchert.cc
Sat May 19 13:13:21 UTC 2007

Albert Cuesta schrieb:
> Michel
>
> I did as instructed and it worked. Many thanks!

There is an easier way to do this: create an extra directory within
[your-drupal-inst/includes]. Lets call it "custom". Then create a new
php-file called "my-custom-block.php". Create a new block, set the input
type to "php" and insert the following code as content:
<code>
<?php
require_once(dirname(__FILE__).'/includes/custom/my-custom-block.php');
?>
</code>

Now you can modify the new php-file and if there is an error its easy to
edit this file without modifying any database record.

hth,

  Stefan