[support] Trying for a custom block

Victor Kane victorkane at gmail.com
Sun May 27 12:24:40 UTC 2007

This is the path.
It is not a question of stupidity, but of our lack of adequate user-friendly
documentation, of the "take you by the hand" variety that is so important
for people just starting out. A Mercer book for 5.1, so to speak.

Well, to compensate we have nice people like Bill pointing the way on this
list and... the handbooks! (Hit the handbooks button at the top of
drupal.org).

Who would have thought that at http://drupal.org/node/21866 there is an
article embedded there about Custom Blocks, which doesn't actually come out
and say what you need here exactly, but ... " Each custom block has a title,
a description, and a body. The content within the body can be as long as you
wish."  It omits the detail about which filter to apply (full, filtered
html, etc, even php), but...

The thing is, you have to read and re-read the handbooks, in sequential
search mode, until you get the hand of how it is organized. Because there is
a wealth of info there. They are not so badly organized, it is just that
there is an overwhelming amount of info, since Drupal is a lot like a
hot-rod kit!

saludos,

Victor Kane
http://awebfactory.com.ar