[support] Permission problem

Bill Fitzgerald bill at funnymonkey.com
Sun May 27 20:48:41 UTC 2007

Sometimes access rights can be reset via your ftp client.

Log in using your ftp client, navigate to the directory you would like
to change, and right-click and see what happens.

Alternately, create a directory using your ftp client (creating the dir
with the client usually means that your ftp user owns the dir, and can
subsequently manage permissions on it) -- then, point the video module
at that new directory.

Cheers,

Bill

blogdiva at culturekitchen.com wrote:
> This is a good one. This happened to me as well and, since I don't
> have root access to the server, I could not remedy this situation AT
> ALL unless I got the sever owner involved.
>
> / liza
>

> Liza Sabater, Publisher
> www.culturekitchen.com
> www.dailygotham.com
>
> MOB - 646.552.7365
> AIM - cultkitdiva
>

> On  27.May.2007, at 11:56, A-NO-NE Music wrote:
>

>> It seems I have a permission problem I can't remedy.
>>
>> This is Video module, which isn't working.  When I realized, I see it
>> produced a directory:
>>     /sites/default/files/videos/
>> This directory owner and group are set to 99/99.  It even doesn't
>> accept
>> chown/chmod even from Cpanel, and I can't upload files there.
>>
>> How did this happen, and how can I remedy this?
>> Thank you for your continuous help!
>>
>> --
>>
>> - Hiro
>>
>> Hiroaki Honshuku, A-NO-NE Music, Boston, MA
>> <http://a-no-ne.com> <http://anonemusic.com>
>>

>> --

Bill Fitzgerald
http://www.funnymonkey.com