[support] Site queue for users

Jean Gazis jgazis at gmail.com
Wed May 30 23:54:30 UTC 2007

I think it was discussed earlier here that you can't give different roles
different *default* settings for each content type, but you can give users
access by role to view and publish content. The Mercer book has a pretty
good overview of user permissions. I'm sure there is more info in the
Drupal.org Handbook.

You need to go into User Management and first create the roles you want.
When I am setting up sites for other people, I typically have a role for
webmaster (me), another for site owner, and so on. For my scout troop site
there is webmaster, scout leader, and scout member. Then you can go into the
User Management/Access Control screen and check off the permissions for each
role.

You may want to go to User Settings and make it so new registrations need
admin approval.

On 5/30/07, Bruce Whealton <brucewhealton at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hello all,
>         I want to make sure that most users on my site,
> including visitors and all others besides those I specify,
> to have all of their content go into a queue and not be
> published without approval from administrators.  If I go to the
> Default Options under Workflow and uncheck Published will
> that put their stories, and etc. into the queue?  And those
> users cannot publish themselves, correct?  Only those who
> can view the queue can publish content submitted to the site,
> correct?  That is what I want.
>        If I want to let a user group/role (what is the correct
> term?) called "Contributors" actually be able to review content
> from the queue and publish it, or to be able to select whether
> or not their content is published, how do I do that?  How do I
> give a user that option of being able to select Published for their
> content?
> Thanks,
> Bruce

Jean Gazis
www.jeangazis.com
www.boxofrain.us

"Believe those who are seeking the truth; doubt those who find it." - André
Gide