[support] URL Authentication

Ari Davidow aridavidow at gmail.com
Thu Nov 1 13:31:52 UTC 2007

If you try to do this by parsing URLs you could end up with a big mess and
some serious security issues. A better solution, if CF supports it, would be
to move authentication to LDAP (or, conceivably, OpenID). Then, in your LDAP
server, you define who has access to what. The users have a single sign-on
that enables them to visit these two components and any new ones that are
added later, as you set permissions in one place. We haven't yet implemented
it, but it looks as though there is an LDAP module that plays nicely with
Drupal 5.3; worth doing, if, as I said, CF can also support LDAP for
authentication, and you can set up the LDAP server (openLDAP?)

ari