[support] 'News'-type feature required

The Janitor thejanitor at fastmail.fm
Fri Nov 2 07:45:53 UTC 2007

02 November 2007 - 07:20 (where I live)

Hi all

Thanks for the help on this guys.

Before  I  started  to  investigate  the  methods suggested, a thought
occured  to  me: "Could I use the 'blog' module?" After all, a blog is
really just a list of 'news' items.

It  works  well  (in my case only one person can have a blog, which is
what I want).

Blog  entries  are  'published'  but  not 'promoted to front page'.

The  'Recent blog posts' block appears in the left sidebar (floated to
the top) and renamed 'Latest News'.  It means the user clicking a link
to  the  news item rather than reading it directly but I can live with
that.

Are there any problems with this approach that I've missed?

There are two cosmetic issues I'd like some help with:

I'd  like  to limit the number of items (i.e. recent blog posts) shown
to  less  than 10 (the default) and I'd like the link to the "author's
blog" link not to be shown. I suspect that these will involve changing
some code somewhere. Any clues?

Many thanks for your help.

--
Best regards,

William

mailto:thejanitor at fastmail.fm

Flying with The Bat! Professional
version 3.99.3

Privileged and/or confidential information and/or copyright
material may be contained in this e-mail.If you are not the intended
recipient or the person responsible for delivering it to the intended
recipient you must not copy it,deliver it to anyone else or use it in
anyway whatsoever.To do so is prohibited and may be unlawful.
Instead, kindly destroy this message and notify the sender by reply
e-mail.

Fe all fod gwybodaeth freiniol a/neu gyfrinachol a/neu
ddeunydd dan amodau hawlfraint y neges e-bost yma.
Os nad y chi sydd i fod gael y neges, neu'r un sy'n gyfrifol
am ei throsglwyddo, rhaid i chi beidio a'i chopio na'i
throsglwyddo i neb un arall na'i defnyddio mewn unrhyw fodd o gwbl.
Mae gwaharddiad ar i chi wneud hynny ac efallai y byddech chi'n
torri'r gyfraith trwy wneud hynny. Dinistriwch y neges yma ac
anfonwch neges e-bost at y sawl a'i hanfonodd i roi gwybod iddo fe.

The author recommends NOD32 (www.eset.com) as the most
effective and efficient anti-virus software.