[support] Turning off multibyte support?

Roy Smith roy at panix.com
Mon Nov 12 13:40:04 UTC 2007

Bill / Mark,

Thanks for your help. Putting

php_value mbstring.http_input pass
php_value mbstring.http_output pass

in .htaccess did the trick.  I don't fully grok the difference
between "auto" and "pass", but this worked and "auto" didn't :-)

I'm used to working on boxes where I have full shell (and root)
access.  This is the first time I've worked with a web hosting
company where everything is done through a hokey web interface.  It's
been an interesting experience.

As for 5.1 vs. 5.3, I started my prototype using 5.1, and just
uploaded that to the web host.  I'll take a look at upgrading to 5.3.

roy at panix.com