[support] Moving files directory?

Pete Prodoehl raster at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 14:12:11 UTC 2007

A-NO-NE Music wrote:
> Fred Jones / 07.11.18 / 0:48 PM wrote:
>
>> 755 works for me
>
> This doesn't work for me, and was wanted to ask a question.  Whenever
> you let Drupal upload files or create directory, they are owned by
> Apachie.  I loose my own control.  So many times I had to ask my ISP to
> chown.  Now I am afraid to use CCK for images because of this.  I have
> been doing HTML for images in the body.  How is this should be dealt with?

One thing you should be able to do is write some PHP that can change the
user/permissions of the file, then run that through your web browser.
Obviously, this is *not* something you want wide open, but if you write
the code carefully, it will execute as the the 'apache' user and do what
you want it to.

Pete