[support] CCK Common Fields

Tom Holmes Jr. tom at tomholmes.net
Wed Nov 28 19:28:58 UTC 2007

Thanks everyone for the very helpful information.     I'm just starting
with the CCK and it's a learning experience.
I'm gonna use it on my laptop and get used to it before I use it at work
on my work test system.

If I create one content type, and setup fields, the next content type
will get to choose some of those same fields.
Hence after adding 50 content types ... many of the content types will
have unique fields particular to that content type.
Also many of the content types, and in my case, ALL the content types,
will have 4 or 5 of the same fields.

If that's the way it works, I am happy with that.
I am not gonna recommend drupal changes the way CCK works .... no
way!    :-D

I've looked at other CMS systems where the content data is stored in XML
data, and content types are object-oriented.
That means you create a common content type with shared fields, and then
every other content type extends that one.

Just different ways of handling content ... but again, I was just
curious how CCK works like that.
Thanks again for all the information!             Viva la Drupal!    ;-)

                                    Tom