[support] Installation Issue with MySQL

Tom Holmes Jr. tom at tomholmes.net
Thu Nov 29 17:16:58 UTC 2007

I've got Drupal working on one or two other machines because the
database was local.

Now I've got an instance of Drupal I want to install ... but the
database is on another server .....
I put in the database, database user, user password, the new server name
and port .... and it STILL tries to connect to localhost like it is
NEVER getting the name of the server I entered in.

I'm about to go into the install.mysql.inc file and just hard-code it at
this point ... just to get it setup ....

Any ideas?     Thanks!

                                                Tom