[support] Installation Issue with MySQL

Tom Holmes Jr. tom at tomholmes.net
Thu Nov 29 20:05:03 UTC 2007

I agree this is a setup issue ... I didn't think it would have anything
to do with the local hosts file.
The name of the database server I can ping, and I can use Squirrel or
MySQL Administrator to connect and authenticate to the database.

I presumed that the install.php page got the user, password, database,
host, etc from the form on that page.
It seems like the username, password, database are all correct ....
but the host seems to constantly default to localhost and NOT the host
that I entered in on the form.

I even went to install.mysql.inc file and hardcoded my database ... and
it still didn't work ....
Maybe I need to bounce Drupal after I changed that .inc file?