[support] Comment/Settings page error

sander-martijn lists at severeddreams.com
Fri Nov 30 02:41:19 UTC 2007

On second look it appears $placeholders isn't getting populated, so you
should look for what $placeholders SHOULD be.

Error:
SELECT DISTINCT( p.perm) FROM role r INNER JOIN permission p ON p.rid =
r.rid WHERE r.rid IN ()

SQL code:
SELECT DISTINCT(p.perm) FROM {role} r INNER
JOIN {permission} p  ON p.rid = r.rid WHERE r.rid IN ($placeholders)

and from the code you showed in a different email $placeholders should
be an array of account role ids:
$rids = array_keys($account->roles);
$placeholders = implode(',', array_fill(0, count($rids), '%d'));

so view the content of your roles table - because apparently there
aren't any roles or it's not getting populated for some other reason.
If there are roles, try the following SQL in phpMyAdmin SQL execution
(there's an SQL tab just click that and paste this in):
SELECT DISTINCT(p.perm) FROM `role` r INNER
JOIN `permission` p  ON p.rid = r.rid WHERE r.rid IN (1,2,3,4)

Note I replaced the {} with `` and replaced $placeholders with a comma
separated list of role ids from my installation - I have 4 roles and
therefore 4 role ids - you'll have to check your roles table to find out
what your list should be.  In my case I get 4 results when running that
query and they look like this:

access content
access comments, post comments, access site-wide c...
administer blocks, use PHP for block visibility, e...
access brilliant_gallery, access comments, post co...

(text is truncated in phpMyAdmin)