[support] Installation Issue with MySQL

Tom Holmes Jr. tom at tomholmes.net
Fri Nov 30 04:53:15 UTC 2007

Ok boy .... no need to get snarky and start making presumptions ...

I found out what the issue is, and it was *MY* fault ... but I hope my
ignorance will help other people not make the same mistake .... ok?

There are 3 machines involved:
the actual machine with the database,
the actual machine with the drupal,
and the last machine which was my laptop that I was using to do the install.

I used MySQL-Administrator to make sure that the drupal_user and
password could be accessed from my laptop ... as I usually do ...
But since the Drupal was on another machine .. I had to make sure I
added the host (second machine) and permissions to the database.
Once I added that host to the mysql user ... and then set permissions on
the database .... it worked.

I sincerely hope this helps out other people .... it's all part of being
a community.

Thanks!

Tom