[support] CCK Intro .... where is it? New Fields?

Tom Holmes Jr. tom at tomholmes.net
Fri Nov 30 05:12:09 UTC 2007

Well now ... I have a wonderful fresh new working install of Drupal 5.3,
and yes I am reading every ounce of documentation and reading two books
on Drupal.

According to:  http://drupal.org/node/101723
The Content Construction Kit is supposed to be built into Drupal 5.3,
and according to the docs ..
"enable the Content Construction Kit modules at Administer >> Site
building >> Modules."
But I don't see the CCK there to turn on.

However, I can list content types, and I can add new content types or
edit existing ones ....
I tried to take the "Story" content type and add new fields to it ....
as the docs say ...
"configure the Content Construction Kit fields by going to
Administer >> Content management >> Content types and select a content
type to edit.
On the edit screen you will see tabs to Manage fields or Add field."

Well ... nope ... there is no "Manage Fields" or "Add field" ....  so
again, *I* must be doing something wrong.
I will continue to research this .... but in the meantime if anyone can
help me out ... that would be great.

Thanks again!
                                                            Tom