[support] http/s issues (still)

sander-martijn lists at severeddreams.com
Sat Oct 6 01:26:34 UTC 2007

Hi guys,

I'm still having an http to https and back issue with drupal, but I've
narrowed it down to a single L and wondering if anyone has any
suggestions now.  The L stands for "Last Rule" - if it's there it
behaves half correctly and if it's not there it behaves half correctly -
in the opposite way.

  # REWRITE TO SSL if contact/requestBook
  # WORKS AS EXPECTED ON IT'S OWN
  RewriteCond %{SERVER_PORT} !^443$
  RewriteRule ^(contact/requestBook)$ https://%{SERVER_NAME}/$1 [R=301,L]

  # REWRITE TO NON-SSL if not contact/requestBook
  # also ignore if a supporting file or else the page will display a
broken lock
  # IF [R=301,L] then any other page on https redirects to non-ssl fine
but contact/requestBook redirects to non-ssl non-pretty url
  # http://s24863.gridserver.com/index.php?q=contact/requestBook
  # IF you remove the L so it's [R=301] then contact/requestBook
redirects fine but other pages stay on https and report Page not found
  RewriteCond %{SERVER_PORT} ^443$
  RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !(contact/requestBook)
  RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !(.*css)
  RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !(.*js)
  RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !(.*jpg)
  RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !(.*gif)
  RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !(.*ico)
  RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !(.*png)
  RewriteRule ^(.*)$ http://%{SERVER_NAME}/$1 [R=301]
  # Alternate: RewriteRule ^(.*)$ http://%{SERVER_NAME}/$1 [R=301,L]

  # DRUPAL REWRITE
  RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
  RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
  RewriteRule ^(.*)$ index.php?q=$1 [L,QSA]

Thanks,
sander