[support] Taxonomy access control and access node restriction

Cog Rusty cog.rusty at gmail.com
Mon Oct 8 05:25:16 UTC 2007

On 10/8/07, Vasileios Lourdas <lourdas_v at yahoo.gr> wrote:
> On Monday 08 October 2007 07:51:20 Cog Rusty wrote:
> > - Another access control module grants "view" access to anonymous
> > users, not necessarily by category but possibly by something else (by
> > content type, by individual node, by og subscriber group etc.
> >
> > - Permissions have been messed up, in which case the "Rebuild
> > Permissions" button in /admin/content/node-settings (if it exists)
> > could help.
>
> Hmm... Could not find any button under this setting. I will look somewhere
> else.

That button appears only under some conditions. Not sure what they are.

> > - TAC has a bug. Exactly which version is it?
> The latest stable, 1.1. What kind of bug are you talking about?

No idea. This was one of the 3 "if"s

Something else you can check is the 'node_access' table. Take one
specific node which displays the problem, and get all the rows with
that nid. Then check the 'realm' column to find out which module
grants "view" access to whom. TACs 'realm' is "term_access" and its
'gid' column uses role IDs. Other modules have other realms (for
example "og"), and their 'gid' may mean something else (for example an
og group).

Or check these same things using the devel module.