[support] Taxonomy access control and access node restriction

Vasileios Lourdas lourdas_v at yahoo.gr
Mon Oct 8 08:04:43 UTC 2007

On Monday 08 October 2007 10:03:14 Cog Rusty wrote:
> I am not sure what is going on with TAC these days. Rel.1.1 is 4
> months old. I checked the issues pages and there was one issue a
> couple of months ago (http://drupal.org/node/168748) where keve
> replied "Module has been totally rewritten, please try to use
> 5.x-2.x-dev version."
>
> This uncertainty is a bit sad, because TAC has been a pioneer module.
> It made things possible which couldn't be done until much later by
> specialized modules.

Cog, thanks for your suggestions.

The problem lies in the phpfreechat module (a php/ajax chat solution). I
created a new content type (chat) and a new vocabulary with the term chat. I
created a new chat node and assigned the tag term for it. Using taxonomy
access control, I revoked all permissions from the anonymous user for the
chat term. However, the anonymous user can still see the body of the node
(but not the chat iframe). So, practically, access is denied for the
anonymous user. But for other vocabulary terms, if I revoke all permissions,
the anonymous user is not able to find the page, I get a page not found
error. If i grant the view permission (and deny all in the other permissions,
update, delete, create, but enable listing), the anonymous user can see all
nodes tagged with those terms. So, I guess TAC works right here.

It's strange that I don't have the same behaviour for the chat content type.
--
# Vasileios Lourdas,
# Informatics Engineer, Thessaloniki (Greece)