[support] Best practices for >1 environment

Bruce Gordon bbgdl-drupal at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 16 11:46:07 UTC 2007

Suppose I support my production environment by staging thing through a QA environment first. I now have 2 Drupal environments. At a crude level the changes take 2 forms: 1-files system changes and 2-DBMS changes. The DBMS changes can be further divided into A-changes done on my behalf by modules and B-Changes made by an administrator (/admin changes).

How can I make changes to my QA environment in a controlled way, approve them and then migrate them to my production environment. I really want 100%, or close to it coverage. I don't want a solution that only manages the files.

Thanks,

-Bruce