[support] How portable are drupal web sites?

Ari Davidow aridavidow at gmail.com
Fri Oct 19 20:16:09 UTC 2007

Actually, not tables--I'm utterly mistyping today--but the _server_ on which
the database lies will almost always have a new name. (In theory, you could
migrate the domain name of the dev MySQL server and avoid that rename, if
you are hosting internally, but then you have no dev MySQL server for the
next round of development. It is counterproductive to work in that manner.)

ari