[support] Troubleshooting URL rewrites

Amanda B Hickman amanda at velociraptor.info
Mon Oct 22 21:57:53 UTC 2007

I'm setting up Drupal on a subdirectory of our site and struggling
mightily with clean URLs. I think this is an Apache issue, or a fixing
my Apache config issue, but I'm not sure how to fix it without breaking
the rest of the site.

I have full control over the apache configuration, but I inherited a
site with a fair amount of tweaking, rewrite rules to accommodate a site
restructuring long ago, and more tweaking.

Mod_rewrite is definitely enabled, and we're using it extensively  in
other places.

What I'd like to do is add a line or six to the "staging.conf" (and
eventually to www.conf) in my apache configs that will give drupal
control over URL rewriting in the drupal directory without interfering
with anything else.

Currently, the "clean url" test just fails.

I've looked around in the handbook, and don't see anything that looks
like it is going to solve my problem, so I'm wondering if anyone has
advice for me.

thanks,
Amanda

--