[support] using OG without Views: looking for tips for group homepage customisation.

Neil: esl-lounge.com neil at esl-lounge.com
Wed Oct 24 11:52:42 UTC 2007

I installed OG and have decided to use ConTemplate to control look of group homepages, instead of Views.

First question, is this a wise move or is it better to go the whole hog and use node_group.tpl.php?

I have my group homepages looking nice with an image, description, subscribe link (not conditional though) and mission statement all showing nicely.

What php do I need to show teasers of group posts? Or group subscriber photos? The contemplate default template for group nodes that gets loaded on the right hand side doesn't give a lot of assistance in this area, so I thought I'd turn to the support list.

What have other people done with their contemplate/node_group.tpl.php templates?

Many thanks in advance.

Neil