[support] Views on Homepage

Ian Elwood ian at corpwatch.org
Wed Oct 24 16:53:12 UTC 2007

Hi!

I have a two panel homepage, the left panel is drawing from a view and
so is the right.  www.crocodyl.com

The panels are pulling from 2 separate page views, each is set to
display one content type when it is published and promoted to front page.

The problem I am hitting is that the panels are displaying the entire
post instead of a clipped version.  I can't seem to figure out which
setting to change, I would like it to cut off at about 500 characters
and display the next post below, like a blog in each view.

It looks great if the new content (Company profiles) is really short,
but once more information is entered in, it starts to make the front
page really long.

--ian--