[support] Mimemail and mass mailing

Zohar Stolar z.stolar at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 06:24:24 UTC 2007

Jason Flatt wrote:

> On Tuesday 04 September 2007 13:12:47 Zohar Stolar wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Has anyone information about mimemail and mass mailing?
>> To be more specific, I want to use views_mail which uses mimemail, and I
>> wish to know whether it can be used for large (>15000 mails) mailing lists.
>>

> This is largely dependent on the server and mail server software settings.  If
> the mail server software is not configured to reject e-mails after a certain
> number of recipients and the server itself has enough RAM, it should be okay.

So what I understand from it, is that I don't have to use a mechanism
that breaks the mail sending into chunks?
Such a mechanism is used in simplenews.module, to be hosting-friendly:
one can define the size of each chuck (say few hundreds email) and their
frequency (per cron run).
If I have a strong dedicated server, I understand from your answer that
I don't really need to put any limits, is that so?
Does it also mean that the mimemail solution is not adequate for large
lists on shared servers?

Thanks,
Zohar Stolar