[support] Liniing one database to another

Steven Vermoere steven at vermoere.net
Fri Sep 7 23:35:04 UTC 2007

Yup, it is working. Thanks. But some-one told me to use Node Family. Must
I use that to obtain this result ?

And I have another question.

If I want a list of all the beers under a brewer, do I need this to do in
my template with some PHP-code of View, or is it possible to do this with
a CCK-field like Viewfield ? And what is the best method ?

Steven

Bill Fitzgerald said:
> You also might want to take a look at
> http://drupal.org/project/nodereferrer_baby and
> http://drupal.org/project/nodereferrer_create
>
> These two modules work together to simplify the process of referencing
> one node from another, and, re: "when the beer is visible, a simple link
> to the brewer must be shown" -- this happens automatically.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Bill
> Laura Scott wrote:
>>> I'm trying to implement a database of Belgian beers. Therefore, I
>>> created
>>> 2 different nodes with CCK: 1 for the brewer, 1 for the beer.
>>>
>>> Now I need a link between the node of the beer and the node of the
>>> brewer.
>>> The purpose is that, when I enter a beer, I can link it to a brewer,
>>> without typing in all the data of the brewer.
>>> And when the beer is visible, a simple link to the brewer must be
>>> shown.
>>> And if you click on that link, the node of the brewer opens with
>>> all the
>>> data and the beers that the brewer is brewing.
>>>
>>> I've already looked at Node Family, but I do not understand it very
>>> good.
>>>

>> You might start with node reference. There are snippets available to
>> "discover" the reverse links, I believe, in the handbooks.
>>
>> Laura
>>

> --
> Bill Fitzgerald
> http://www.funnymonkey.com