[support] Drupal weirdness, please help

Neil: esl-lounge.com neil at esl-lounge.com
Sun Sep 9 13:16:34 UTC 2007

Without commenting on the exact details of the problem you've encountered, I
will say one thing: I set up test site with Hostgator using Drupal installed
by Fantastico and had nothing but problems. I eventually got a message back
from Hostgator admins on their support forum saying more or less "don't use
Fantastico to install Drupal, it's buggy"....my reply asking why the hell it
was the suggested installation procedure in the CP obviously went
unanswered. :-S

I don't know how far along the installation road you are (not far by the
sounds of it) but I would strongly suggest you wipe the installation and do
a fresh MANUAL reinstallation.

just my 2 cents

Neil