[support] node image bulk upload?

Shai Gluskin shai at content2zero.com
Mon Sep 10 13:50:06 UTC 2007

Sander,

The image_import module (which comes with the Image module) does this the
FTP way. First upload via FTP and then bulk import to nodes. Obviously the
limitation there is that only admins with FTP privileges can do it.

The Acidfree module has a way to allow users to do it, by uploading a zip or
tar file from an Import Images screen. Problem there is a lot of end users
won't be agile enough with zipping/tarring. In addition, OS X's built-in
zipping function (called Archive) -- includes resource fork files which then
get turned into blank image nodes. So even with Acidfree folk who feel
comfortable with zipping -- you explain to Mac users how to make a "clean"
archive.

I think what a lot of folks long for is something similar to the interface
that Facebook uses for bulk image uploads. I'm sure it will arrive sooner or
later, I'm not up on who might be working on thinking about such a tool.
Maybe others know.

The Acidfree interface when you do the bulk upload is nice, being able to
edit relevant node fields for all the images on the same screen.

Shai