[support] Front page customization - 2 new columns with aggregated news

Sudheer Satyanarayana sudheer.s at binaryvibes.co.in
Tue Sep 11 08:57:18 UTC 2007

Hello List,

I want to customize the front page of a new Drupal site. I want three
columns in the front page other than the left and right side bars. Two
of these columns should aggregate news from RSS feeds. The third column
should contain the regular posts from page and story nodes promoted to
the front page.

Below is the layout of the front page I want to achieve
Header
Left Sidebar| News 1| News 2| Page/Story nodes| | Right side bar
Footer
What are my options? Can I achieve this through configuring blocks and
aggregator? Are there any modules that can do this? Do I need to write
new PHP code?

I would appreciate any ideas, suggestions or pointers.

--
With Warm Regards,
Sudheer. S