[support] Best way to fix a bug?

Jim Smith jsmith at wate.com
Wed Sep 12 18:18:16 UTC 2007

I've been working with Drupal for more than two years, but regetfully,
I'm not a coder. My strengths are primarily in theming. I know just
enough survival PHP to get by.

So here's my dilemma: A module I need for a site I'm building has a bug
that prevents it from working. I posted information about it in the
project issue queue a few days ago, but there has been no response. I
attempted to contact the module's maintainer, but so far I have not yet
received a reply.

I can find the approximate location of the problem, but I don't know how
to really debug it.

What's a non-coder to do? Any suggestions?

jns