[support] Best way to fix a bug?

Jim Smith jsmith at wate.com
Wed Sep 12 18:53:57 UTC 2007

I know I was being vague. I was trying to ask the question in general
terms so that I would know how to handle all bugs, rather than the
specific one I'm dealing with now. Though I'd love to have help on the
specific bug I'm dealing with, I know that only a few people might have
knowledge about the module that has the bug. However, many people deal
with debugging scripts everyday, and that's why I was looking for some
strategies to best track down and fix bugs.

But to be specific about the particular bug I'm dealing with, it's in
Yahoo Terms module.

I posted a bug report on it at http://drupal.org/node/166932. As I first
described the problem, Yahoo Terms were being applied to other content,
like a forum post, though the Yahoo Terms module was not associated with
that content. That was fixed with the patch supplied by douggreen at
http://drupal.org/node/171620.

Since then I have upgraded the site to Drupal 5.2 and all of the
modules. Now I'm seeing the same error on all feed nodes. The error
happens only when the terms are applied when the node is created. It
does not happen if the terms are re-applied to an existing node.

It appears that an array is not presented where the function
array_merge() expects to see one in the argument.