[support] Multiplicity

sander-martijn sander at sander-martijn.com
Mon Sep 17 15:41:17 UTC 2007

Like most things in drupal there are several ways to do this.  I imagine
you could do it using the multiple sites setup but I haven't tried that
yet.  I might do it by developing 2 templates that call different
navigations and logos and work it that way.  you could again do this in
several different ways but the best way would probably be to set the
different nav blocks to the same region but set them to appear on b and
b/* or a and a/* depending on the site you want them to appear on.  It
feels to me like you will run into other issues because of the many
things that drupal assumes for you - all solvable but perhaps
frustrating.  But I don't know what those issues would be.

Fred Jones wrote:
> I have a.com and b.com. Both will point to the same place. On home page
> we have two links: A and B.
>
> A goes to a.com/a/ and B to a.com/b/. Thus all pages will be somewhere
> on a.com.
>
> So each 'site' is really just a subsite of one site. The layout is
> virtually the same for each--only difference is the logo and the link to
> the other site (A links to B in the footer and vice versa). The menus
> and content for each site are entirely unique.
>
> How should I set this up?
>
> Either directions or a link for further reading would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Fred

sander-martijn <mailto:sander at sander-martijn.com>
interface developer | architect