[support] Converting a Typo site to a Drupal site

sander-martijn sander at sander-martijn.com
Mon Sep 17 19:50:06 UTC 2007

this is the central repository for info on migrations -
http://drupal.org/node/271

as typo is not listed you probably have 2 choices - copy/paste (which
was the choice I went with on migrating a site from pepperio, largely
because I could have someone else do that while I focus on the templates
and functionality of the site in drupal) or write a script that
translates the sql from one to the other (which will probably only get
you a small % of the way anyway unless you have someone that's extremely
versed in sql, the drupal db structure and the typo db structure).  That
is unless someone else pipes up with some better suggestions.

One interesting idea would be if someone wrote a script that took a url,
crawled a site looking in the code for certain comments and grabbed
those as content blocks.  would probably be quite complicated and may
not even work - but if it did you could put comments in the templates of
your old site and let the system pull in all the content pieces... could
save a lot of work and would be old system independent... I'm not up for
tackling that job - seems like a can of worms.

Jody Cleveland wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I used to use a CMS called Typo. For reasons too numerous to mention here, I
> decided to give Drupal a try. Long story short, I have 3 sites in typo right
> now that I'd love to move over to Drupal. One of those sites has several
> hundred pages.
>
> Does anyone know of any way to 'import' a Typo site into Drupal?
>
> - jody

sander-martijn <mailto:sander at sander-martijn.com>
interface developer | architect
sander at sander-martijn.com <mailto:sander at sander-martijn.com>