[support] most drupalish way to collect data from users

Ivan Sergio Borgonovo mail at webthatworks.it
Wed Sep 19 12:09:42 UTC 2007

On Wed, 19 Sep 2007 07:35:56 -0400
Earnie Boyd <earnie at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:

> Quoting Ivan Sergio Borgonovo <mail at webthatworks.it>:

> > I just need someone to point me at the right FM.
> > I need a form where user can insert data + 1 file in a DB table.

> You mean something like [1], [2] or [3]?
>
> [1] http://drupal.org/project/webfm
> [2] http://drupal.org/project/filemanager
> [3] http://drupal.org/project/attachment

Nice tools to discover... but the accent is on "form" rather than on
file.

I just have to collect data from users and store them in a DB.

I could just have a php node that contain a form whose target is the
node itself and collect all the data through POST and save them.

That looks slick to me, I was wondering if that kind of activity
(collecting data through forms to store in a DB) can be pursued in a
more kosher way (using some drupal API, modules etc...).

I just got into this:
http://drupal.org/node/326
expecially this:
http://drupal.org/node/37775

I've to get an idea of the advantages of kosher coding vs. learning
all the API now ;)

While we are at it... how do you collect data through GET (not POST)
when url rewrite and alias are activated?

What if the node is:
drupal/this_is_the_php_node
and I want to pass some GET data?

thx